Research Division Goals
The CALS Research Division will strive to:
- Uphold ethical principles and sustain an environment of equality, integrity, and respect.
- Maintain a professional image and productive working relationships with our partners in CALS, across campus, and with our federal and non-federal sponsors.
- Establish consistent, efficient, effective, and accurate business practices that will ensure our accessibility and responsiveness to meet the needs of CALS PIs, Chairs, Administrators, Departments, and Centers.
- Promote and foster an environment of enthusiasm, collaboration, cooperation, and opportunity that will enable us to be proactive, flexible, and swift in addressing constantly evolving needs and policies.
- Communicate key information and messages in an effective and timely manner via eCALS (the College electronic newsletter), the Division website, and other pertinent communication methods.
- Develop tools and utilize technology to assist users with submissions, inquiries, data searches, and other needs related to research administration and grants management.
- Provide access to policies, procedures, guidelines, and related documentation that underscore the principles of responsible research administration and grants management.
- Empower staff by maintaining a positive working environment, fostering a team atmosphere, and facilitating knowledge-building opportunities, both internal and external.
- Provide training and mentoring opportunities in the areas of research administration, grants management, and related topics of interest to PIs, Chairs, Administrators, Departments, and Centers.
- Support campus Administrative Process Redesign efforts through evaluation of Division processes and procedures, with an emphasis on streamlining and value-added concepts.